If you wish to meet any of your friend, relative or closed one who is under the prison then you need to follow a certain procedure. The legal authorities have set up a complete procedure comprising of certain steps which when followed proceed the activity of visting the prisoner. Apart from this, there are some rules and regulations also which are applicable.
So, here we are listing out the general information and guidelines for inmate search in harris county that can also help you in meeting the prisoner. Take a look:
- First of all Have a Look at General Rules That are Needed to be Followed While Meeting Your Loved Ones in prisoner:
- Wear a descent dress as the improper clothing may result the cancellation of your visitation.
- Obey the time slot that has been allotted to you.
- Keep your visits quiet, decent and dignified as it is yoiur moral responsibility to maintain the decorum of the prson.
- The staff can limit the physical contact. Though in many situations the inmates and visitors are allowed to shake-hand, hug and kiss.
- Inmate Locating
Before you actually wish to visit your loved ones in prison, you need to first locate them or get confirmed about their holding location as the holding facility may be changed due to some specific reasons, medical needs or rehabilitation program.
Read More: AN INSIGHT VIEW OF THE CSCD OF HARRIS COUNTY.
- Get Legal Approval
When an inmate arrives at a facility, he/she has to send a list a potential visitor’s form who they wish to meet. The copy of same list is then sent to jail authorities who after investigating the background and other information of visitors clear the list. Once the BOP is fully satisfied, it can issue clearance to the visitors.
- Who Can Be Added in the Visitor’s List
Not anyone can visit the prisoner. The list can only have parents (general, step or foster), brother, sister, spouse, children, grandparents, uncle, aunts, cousins, in-laws, maximum 10 friends, attorney, sponsors, employers and the member of religious or social groups, etc.
There are many legal rules, regulation and general guidelines to be followed if you wish to meet the person under the prison. And almost every process starts with inmate search in Harris County. So, make sure to follow all steps correctly if you wish to meet your loved ones who are in prison.
Read More: KNOW MORE ABOUT THE WARRANT SEARCH OF HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS
Return back to Legal
Return back to Home